So, Tim and the kids left this morning for Colorado. Yeah! Mommy time. No...BOO! Vehicles suck the life and the $$$ out of you!!!
Luckily, Tim decided to leave this morning after I was supposed to leave for work for an inservice to learn how not to freak out and therefore be a better teacher. However, the van decided to act up so instead of packing the car Tim drove the van and I followed in the car to the repair shop. It stalled like 6 times on him on the way there and the check engine light came on. We finally made it there and when Erik, the repair guy, went to check the van it drove perfectly! UGH!!! So, as you can imagine the Kochen parents are SUPER DUPER happy at this point in the day. They say it is one of 2 sensors probably one but not for sure. One costs $150 to fix and the other costs $500 + to fix.
So, Tim wasn't going to leave but he and the kids really needed to get going. (When I called the house to check in with them Mandy informed me that they were supposed to leave "16 minutes ago mom!" That child has not been on time a day in her life including her birth and now she wants to get all punctual on me?! WHAT!)
Well, it is 12:02pm, Tim and the kids are 2.5 hours outside of Dallas and I have cleaned the front closet, dusted the living room and office area, and cleaned the main bathroom. I am stuck here without a vehicle and I have missed my inservice (one of the main reasons I am staying here in the first place) and I am not sure when the van will be done, when it is done-how I will pay for it, and if it is not done how I will get to praise team rehearsal tonight. (Not that I feel real praisy right now anyway.)
The lesson in all of this: I need to chill out. I am not in control of this or anything else for that matter. This is only for a season and someday we will look back on it and laugh or cry or both. You can stop testing me now God, I get it. I am going to go and clean some more.
Puffy Oven Pancake
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment