Ok, so today has been rotten as you already know from my previous post. It got even worse when the mechanic called to let me know we also need a new alternator for the van as well. Awesome. Then he informed me that in light of this additional problem I would not be able to get the van until tomorrow, More awesomeness. This was at 4:15 or so this afternoon. I had to leave for Praise Team rehearsal by 6pm. What to do?
Well, let me just say that my friends rock the mic in a big way. So Carolyn being the awesome woman that she is, drove me to the church (even though gas is like $50 a gallon or something now)and then my friends Jon and Dottie Kemp drove me home. Plus Diane and Judy also offered to drive me and neither one of them live anywhere near my home. Wow. Seriously, I am so blessed to be a part of the best praise team ever (Gold Team ROCKS!!! Yeah!!!). We have such a wonderful church family it is bordering on ridiculous!
Tim and the kids made it safely to the state park in Witchita Falls and are hunkering down in their tent while the rain is coming down around them. I spoke to all 3 of them only minutes ago and the kids are having a great time and happy to be camping with their dad. Dominic said,"Dad bought us a treat, he got some Spam and let us eat it right out of the can without cooking it or anything! It was good, why don't you ever let us do that?" Again I say...Awesome, you rock dad. :)
Puffy Oven Pancake
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment