Well, I made it through the first day of school. Here are the hi-lights:
1: Only 16 of my 21 kids on my roster showed up.
2: The kids were very well behaved for the most part.
3: I only had one projectile vomiter today.
4: I only had to apoligize to 1 person for biting their head off (that is probably a world's record for me-as the secretary I would bite at least 5-10 heads off per day minimum).
5: I found out I can last for at least 10 hours without going to the restroom if I don't drink any fluids all day. (Don't try this at home kids.)
6: All of my kids made it home safe and sound (eventually...don't even ask).
7: I made it home before 7:30pm.
8: And...I only cried 3 times and it was after school so my kids didn't see me do it!!!!
Yeah! So, I guess I am ready for round 2 tomorrow. Could someone remind me why I decided to do this please? Oh yeah...because I really love those little critters. Especially when they say things like "I love you Mrs. Kochen." and "It's time to go home, are you going to give me a present?" Wow, I am in for a wild ride, I better hang on.
Puffy Oven Pancake
11 years ago
2 comments:
Congratulations! What a day! At least it will be memorable! I hope none of those things happen to me on the first day!
I'd be curious to see how many of the 5 no-shows actually come back after Labor Day.
You really made it 10 hours?
Sorry no presents from us either!
Glad it went well!
Post a Comment